Why Join KTE?
- Recognition: You'll be formally recognized for your academic and professional achievements as part of a selective national organization comprised of elite students who have excelled both in the classroom and on the job. In addition, you'll be identified as a KTE member at graduation.
- Influence: KTE students serve as "the voice of co-op and intern students" for the Northwestern community and provide feedback and advice to the Office of Career Development and other students.
- Networking: You'll have opportunities to network with top employers, organizations, and peers locally and at the annual National Convention.
- Leadership: You can build your communication and presentation skills as a representative of the Office of Career Development.
- Service: Members help the Office of Career Development with workshops and engineering events.
- Rewards: Outstanding members have opportunities to win prizes.
- Fun: Meetings and social activities are ways to relax and socialize with fellow members.
Current Co-ops & Interns
Co-ops and Interns that are currently enrolled in the program, have completed one term, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 are eligible to join KTE. Eligible students are emailed at the beginning of each quarter for initiation into KTE. Once you're a member, you can attend social and professional events, participate in service events, and network with other KTE members. Contact Us to learn more about KTE.
Prospective Co-ops & Interns
KTE acts as a champion of the Cooperative Education and Internship Program. Visit the McCormick Office of Career Development for more information about the program.
Are you an alumni of KTE? We are reaching out to alumni to help coordinate professional networking events, visit campus as guest speakers, and share their insight with KTE members. Contact Us to learn about these opportunities within KTE.
Member Point System
All members are required to earn a minimum of 10 points per quarter.
|KTE Executive Meetings||5|
|Full Society Meetings||10|
|Other KTE Fundraising Activities||5/hour|
|KTE Social Events||5|
|Career Fair Volunteering||5/hour|
|Other KTE/MCD Volunteering||5/hour|
|Holding a KTE Officer Position||10/quarter|
|Planning a KTE event (Officers not elligible)||15|